the coming of age, bildungsroman-esque blog of an
American-born, Vietnamese Catholic male

Monday, January 18

Week in Review

As promised in the last post, this is the g-Style table of contents for the last week.

Tue, Jan 12 - Backposts, natch
Exploring the seedy underbelly of bastard words and how they come to defile the most pure and born-again virgin English Language. Fo shizzle, my nizzle.

Wed, Jan 13 - My Country Tis of Thee
A somewhat nostalgic look at the difficulties facing first generation Americans who have never been back to their home country. An essay by an American Born Viet (ABV not ABC). Included are mentions of the Tet Offensive and the Fall of Saigon, and (more importantly) a picture of pretty Viet girls in traditional ao dai attire (from Wikipedia, natch).

Thu, Jan 14 - Being Claude Speed
Combining light philosophy (the kind that doesn't want to make you gouge out your eyes), with the Matrix, and Grand Theft Auto III. '
It is oddly therapeutic to be so violent.'

Fri, Jan 15 - Rejection Notice
'It's always the pretty ones who reject you, while the dogs are sending unsolicited offers of credit.' American Express puts a hand in g's face.

Sat, Jan 16 - Going Postal
Irritation at poor delivery service, a new recipe for unquenchable ire. 'GTA III is missing postal workers. I just want to talk to them nicely... with a rocket launcher.'

Sun, Jan 17 - g-Style, the Weekly Blog-azine(TM)
A new way of writing and publishing blogs. 'It will be where I try to kiss the reflection in the water; hopefully I won't fall in and drown.'
--

Week in Review

Most of this past week has been spent in anxious desire of an iPod case which didn't show up until after I returned to Dallas. I had finally caught up with all the backposts since I hadn't published anything since Dec 21st, 2009. Though it is a lot to read, I hope you do manage to peruse through them if only for a couple of giggles.

I had discovered the satisfaction of blowing up cars and razing groups of pedestrians with a machine gun in the PS2 classic Grand Theft Auto III. Subsequently, my vision has worsened as well as my real-life driving skills.

There was a pretty girl who stopped by the pharmacy a week ago who was the inspiration for tomorrow's post. She had the prettiest eyes, the color of the Caribbean Sea, and her adorable frown (because she was sick) made me want to hold her in my arms even though what she had was probably contagious.

I returned to Houston to enjoy some R&R before the start of another hellish week. And I still haven't gotten a prescription for Xanax yet...

And Dallas finally warmed up a bit. The cold front has thankfully departed, and the heater is somewhat intact. Every fifth time it turned on, the air would blow instead of the heat because of some short circuit or something. It was annoying to say the least.

If you like what you're reading, please click on the follow button to your right. And if you have any comment, friendly or insulting, feel free to leave it. Growing up in the ghetto means that you learn to never take things (ie, critical comments) too seriously, because after all, you could be lying 6 feet deep.

So Follow and Comment. I exist because you are here. And because you see me and I see myself, I am no longer Invisible.

No comments: