the coming of age, bildungsroman-esque blog of an
American-born, Vietnamese Catholic male

Wednesday, December 30

SPIDER: Just throw it in the bag

SPIDER Re-Release, part tres

About the first piece in my watch collection. I've stopped at three because I haven't found anything else I really like (I think Rolexes are ugly...). If I were to win a Rolex, I'd sell it and get nicer looking watches.

Number 2 was a Gucci with 12 diamonds, and #3 was a Movado.
--

Sep 10, 2009

There's a new hip-hop/rap song on the radio with the hook (chorus) being Just throw it in the bag. It's a pretty trashy song, but it's catchy. I can't really see myself saying that line out loud, but I did say it in my head yesterday.

sales lady: 'So what do you think?'

me: silently, 'Just throw it in the bag.' Spokenly, 'I absolutely love the piece. I'll take it.'

What did I buy? My first watch as a pharmacist. And it's pimp, and 'overdone but nice' in the words of my trusted friend who knows how to dress well. Decide for yourself:



It's from the Raymond Weil Parsifal Collection, and it looks a whole lot better in person.

There's a phrase my brother taught me: 'I don't know.' It is used in response to a question which the questionee knows the answer, and the questioner knows the questionee knows the answer, but questionee refuses to acknowledge the question. Ask me how much I spent on it.

'I don't know.' *pause a moment, and then smile*
--

Superfluous commentary: I did not pay sticker price for it, and I would not spend that much on a watch. But there is an odd appeal about of wearing a month's rent on your wrist.

No comments: