the coming of age, bildungsroman-esque blog of an
American-born, Vietnamese Catholic male

Saturday, December 12

Too Tired to Talk

Dear future loyal readers,

I had an entry composed about 3 days ago, awaiting submission once I got home from work. But as of yet, that post will be yet unpublished for one more day. The reason this time is that an apology will take its place.

As much as I hate to admit it, working 12 hour nights (8p-8a) is physically and mentally draining. When I get home, all I want to do is eat something, watch a little TV, and fall asleep with the light of the rising sun beaming through the shades. It's not a terribly difficult shift since not many problems arise overnight, but the demand of staying awake in the dead of night when others are fast asleep just messes with you over time. I guess I'm still adjusting to it even after 3 months on the job.

So I apologize for stranding you procrastinators out in the abyss while you scrounge for something to read instead of studying for your finals. I hope you all did well on your finals thus far and wish you all the best this next week. I promise the start of my essays on heady topics by then. But by then, you may have long forgotten about me, like that significant other you dumped right before the holidays. It's alright; I forgive you in advance. But 'if you change your mind, I'm the first in line...take a chance on me.' :)

If you're looking for something to read in the meantime, I recommend what I have been reading for the past few weeks: Maura Kelly's blog, 'A Year of Living Flirtatiously.' She's a New Yorker in her 30s who hasn't found 'true wub.' Because of that, she's trying to live more flirtatiously to try to hook a keeper. It's kind of like a chick flick except you're not absolutely certain that it's going to end up all puppies, roses and Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots. And I guess that's why I like it. Plus there's interesting stuff about cougars, baby firemen, and important questions like 'Is a drunken 1 AM text automatically sexual?'

And I'm going to stop here as I may have lost all credibility with my guy friends by admitting that I sing along to ABBA and that I'm entranced by a blog in a womens magazine.

To motivate me to become a better writer (or at least a more consistent writer), I'm going to post this on my wall, similar to what you see on a workplace accident placard:

Consecutive days with a post: 1
Last time since break in posting: Dec 11

-g

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol, dude i should so start writing again. just so that i can read back on it and see what i used to think about. OR i'll write a story, fiction of course.

-friedeggs

g said...

i read your xanga all the time in the past. you should def write again!